Independent FactSet Consultant
Are you getting the most from your FactSet subscription?
Build institutional-level processes - Bring in a
fresh set of eyes with 20+ years of experience.
Create better reporting dashboards - Employ best
practices used at large 40-Act investment firms.
Find new features - Connect stock selection with
portfolio construction and attribution.
Ease your pain points - Automate the boring stuff
and make your business repeatable.
Educate and train your staff - Eliminate silos and
reward your staff with more impactful duties.
August 13, 2018
Hire an expert on an hourly or contract basis to help with your FactSet
project. Contact me now.
/ factset consultant
Need help with FactSet?
FactSet is a comprehensive tool for investment firms that takes time
- FactSet Universal Screening
- FactSet Fundamentals
- FactSet Portfolio Analysis
- FactSet Data Central
- FactSet Time-Series OFDB Database Files
- FactSet Formula Builder
- FactSet Chart Center
- FactSet Alpha Testing
The consultants at FactSet are reliable, but many lack experience
gained from running billion dollar mutual fund portfolios, as I have.
Could you benefit from this insight and level of FactSet support?
Technical experience includes:
- Financial modeling - FactSet Excel plugin
- Company research - SEC and FactSet Fundamentals
- Fund due diligence - Morningstar peer groups
- Backtesting - FactSet Alpha Testing and Screening
- Risk modeling and optimization - Custom models in
Python or third-parties (Barra, Axioma, Wilshire and Northfield)
- Performance attribution - FactSet Portfolio Analysis
- Firm governanace analysis - PowerPoint presentations
- Investment training - FinTech tutorials and courses
Below is a list of roles in the Finance and Technology space.
- Senior PM of Mutual Funds - Managed nine 40-Act
equity mutual funds for Charles Schwab in San Francisco, including
the 5-star Schwab Health Care Fund for 7 years.
- CIO for RIA - Ten years as the lead investment
decision maker for an RIA firm in California.
- Internal Auditor - Procedural audits of trading
and investment-related businesses at the Bank of America.
- Independent Consultant - Financial research and
- University Lecturer - Adjunct professor of Finance
at the CalPoly Orfalea business school.
- Writer - Develops all educational content for
- Webmaster - Maintains every aspect of this
What Does Hourly Consulting Cost?
Depending on the type of work involved, hourly rates range from $50 to
$150 per hour for freelance FactSet consulting.
Other considerations include availability, length of contract and the
complexity of the project.
It's About Solving Problems
With FactorPad I'm building a real human company solving complex human
problems requiring attention to detail, a comfort level with fairly
complex math and the highest level of integrity.
I'm based in Santa Barbara, California and travel to the San Francisco
and Los Angeles areas often. I can also work remotely.
I thoroughly enjoy talking with professionals about their investment
approach and I am very easy going.
Let's discuss your project today.
Paul Alan Davis, CFA
See examples of how to build effective and repeatable quantitative
To be reminded of new instructional videos, subscribe to the FactorPad
YouTube Channel here.
/ factset consultant