Build a Better Process
Hire an Independent FactSet Consultant
Are you getting the most out of your FactSet subscription?
Build Institutional-Level Processes - Bring in a fresh
set of eyes with 20+ years of experience.
Create Better Reporting Dashboards - Employ best
practices used at large investment firms.
Find New Features - Connect stock selection with
portfolio construction and attribution.
Ease Your Pain Points - Automate the boring stuff
and make your business repeatable.
Educate and Train Your Staff - Eliminate silos and
reward your staff with more impactful duties.
Published: October 17, 2020
Updated: April 2, 2021
Hire an expert on an hourly or contract basis to take your FactSet analysis to the next level. Contact me now.
An ad-free and cookie-free website.
Need help with FactSet?
FactSet is a comprehensive tool for investment firms that takes time to master.
- FactSet Universal Screening
- FactSet Fundamentals
- FactSet Portfolio Analysis
- FactSet Data Central
- FactSet Time-Series OFDB Database Files
- FactSet Formula Builder
- FactSet Chart Center
- FactSet Alpha Testing
The consultants at FactSet are reliable, but many lack experience
gained from running billion dollar mutual fund portfolios, as I have.
Could you benefit from this insight and level of FactSet support?
Technical experience includes:
- Financial modeling - FactSet Excel plugin
- Company research - SEC and FactSet Fundamentals
- Fund due diligence - Morningstar peer groups
- Backtesting - FactSet Alpha Testing and Screening
- Risk modeling and optimization - Custom models in
Python or third-parties (Barra, Axioma, Wilshire and Northfield)
- Performance attribution - FactSet Portfolio Analysis
- Firm governanace analysis - PowerPoint presentations
- Investment training - FinTech tutorials and courses
Below is a list of roles in the Finance and Technology space.
- Senior PM of Mutual Funds - Managed nine 40-Act
equity mutual funds for Charles Schwab in San Francisco, including
the 5-star Schwab Health Care Fund for 7 years.
- CIO for RIA - Ten years as the lead investment
decision maker for an RIA firm in California.
- Internal Auditor - Procedural audits of trading
and investment-related businesses at the Bank of America.
- Independent Consultant - Financial research and
- University Lecturer - Adjunct professor of Finance
at the CalPoly Orfalea business school.
- Writer - Develops all educational content for
- Investment Coach - Economic and market advisor to
family office and investment advisory practices.
- Webmaster - Maintains every aspect of this
- Developer - Develops and maintains an internal content
management system and public API access in Python.
What Does Hourly Consulting Cost?
Depending on the type of work involved, hourly rates range from $50 to
$150 per hour for freelance FactSet consulting.
Other considerations include availability, length of contract and the
complexity of the project.
It's About Solving Problems
With FactorPad I'm building a real human company solving complex human
problems requiring attention to detail, a comfort level with fairly
complex math and the highest level of integrity.
I'm based in the Mountain West and I primarily work remotely and meet
regularly with clients on Zoom.
I thoroughly enjoy talking with professionals about their investment
approach and I am very easy going.
Let's discuss your project today.
Paul Alan Davis, CFA
See examples of how to build effective and repeatable quantitative
Learn more about how I can help you build a better investment process by
visiting my professional website.
- For other Finance content, click Back
- Coffee instead of cookies, click Tip.
- To contact Paul, click Next.
factset portfolio analysis
independent factset contractor
factset independent contractor
independent factset consultant
freelance factset consultant
A newly-updated free resource. Connect and refer a friend today.