An ad-free and cookie-free website.
Optimized for html5, web pages open in the current browser window. Videos hosted on YouTube open a new browser window or the YouTube App on mobile devices.
Videos can also be accessed from our Apache Solr Search Tutorials on YouTube.
An Outline for Learning Search with Apache Solr
1. Apache Solr Summary - an overview of Apache Solr search (under development)
2. Install Java JRE - install required Java Runtime Environment for Solr
3. Install Apache Solr - five easy steps to install Apache Solr search
4. Apache Solr Basics - the solr script, Solr Admin, directories and examples
5. Inverted Indexes in Apache Solr - inverted index defined, create a core, films dataset
Configure Solr Schema and Post a Document
- schema summary, edit managed-schema, post and search
7. The Solr Query Process - search workflow, review schema, search parameters
8. Crawl Websites With Apache Solr - create a core, post HTML, search, schema and index analysis
9. Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers and Filters - learn about how to customize schema for text analysis
10. Solr Field and Field Type Properties - set up fields for indexing and search
Q: How often is new Solr content available?
A: As with everything here new content depends on demand and whether we are working on projects for clients. If you want something pushed to the front of the queue let us know. Engage with us on YouTube or elsewhere on social media. Let us know what you want more of.
Consider subscribing to our YouTube Channel here, for more free learning. Also, check out @factorpad on Twitter and our no-spam email list for reminders of new content.
A newly-updated free resource. Connect and refer a friend today.